Xylochem’s platform over 3 geographic locations provides facilities for:
- Fractionation of lignocellulosic biomass
- Separation and purification of biopolymers
- Enzymatic Modification
- Synthesis of bio-based copolymers
- Characterization of Polymers
These equipments will allow and encourage the development of collaborative projects on chemistry and biorefinery wood, particularly on the following topics :
- Improving the deconstruction of wood
- Production and development nanocelluloses
- Development of industrial lignins
- Extraction and development of natural molecules with high added value
- Synthesis of new bio-based polymers and copolymers
- Development of enzymatic processes for designing new bio-based copolymers
- Deconstruction of biomass
Circulation digester for performing paper making type of cooking. This reactor is equipped with a double pot system enabling to realize 2 parallel paper making cooking (Kraft, bisulfite, ...). Each...more...
- Biosourced polymer synthesis
The platform is equipped with an instrumented fermenter for synthesizing biosourced copolymers by enzymic catalysis. A supercritical CO2 reactor allows synthesis by environmentally friendly processes.more...
- Polymer structural characterization
Equipments for polymer structural characterization at molecular and macromolecular scale are available: NIR, RMN, AFM, SEC-MALLS.more...